Terms & Conditions
1. Introduction – General Rules
1.1 Welcome to the Online Portal for the THREE60 Energy Group. By accessing and creating a user profile at the THREE60 Online Portal you agree to the terms as set out herein (the “Agreement”). These terms include, inter alia, that information, material and personal data that are published on the Portal will remain on the Portal, and continue to do so even after the termination of the user’s subscription to the Portal. If you do not agree to the following terms, please note that you are not allowed to use the Portal.
1.2 THREE60 Energy or its Portal administrator, Ridge AS, may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time at its sole discretion. If you do not agree with the changes, you should discontinue using the Portal. If you continue using the Portal after such changes, which will be brought to your attention, you are deemed to have accepted such changes to the terms of this Agreement.
2.1 The objective of the Portal is to make it easier to share knowledge and to engage in discussions between service lines within the Three60 Energy Group and external technical specialists. THREE60 Energy is a well-established group of companies whose all-round industry experience allows understanding of the challenges customers face today. It’s THREE60 Energy’s job to help customers keep control of their assets and projects, and work in partnership to develop the right solutions at the right time. Therefore THREE60 Energy encourages all users to engage in the discussions and events in the Portal.
2.2 THREE60 Energy or Ridge AS does not claim any ownership rights in any text, files, images, photos or any other materials that users post to the Portal (“Content”). After posting Content, you continue to retain any ownership rights you may have. However, by displaying, publishing or posting your Content, you grant to THREE60/Ridge AS a limited, royalty-free, license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute your Content solely on or through the Portal. THREE60 /Ridge AS will treat any user Content as non-confidential and public. Thus, please do not submit confidential or private information using the Portal.
You also agree to permit any other user of this Portal to access, view, store or reproduce your Content for that other user’s personal use or otherwise in connection with use of the Portal. You further agree not to restrict or inhibit the use of the Portal by any other person.
If a user modifies, reproduces with amendments or in any way improves already published Content, then any such improvements and/or new solutions shall become the property of the user publishing the original Content and the user improving the Content jointly.
2.3 You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
2.4 All personal data is handled in accordance with THREE60 Energy’s Privacy Notice, which can be read here.
3. User Guidelines
3.1 Please choose carefully the information you post using the Portal or otherwise make available to others. THREE60/Ridge AS are under no circumstances responsible for content published by users to the Portal. The following is a partial and non-exhaustive list of what you are prohibited from posting. You agree that you will not submit messages, information or anything else that:
are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent, including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any applicable law;
violate the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person;
improperly assume or claim the identity, characteristics or qualifications of another person;
are for purposes of spamming;
contain any virus or other harmful component;
are libelous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights;
include pricing or promotional information; or
are liable to infringe applicable laws in terms of Competition Law, including, but not limited to, the Norwegian Competition Act (2004) Section 10
3.2 THREE60 employees are expected to comply with the confidentiality section in their standard employment contract shown below:
- The Employee is obliged to maintain complete silence with respect to third parties for all information of competitive importance, as well as other personally identifiable information that the Employee during his or her work may or may not be aware of. Employees have confidentiality regarding confidential information until the information has become public or generally known otherwise than through the Employee’s breach of confidentiality.
- The duty of confidentiality implies, inter alia, that the Employee may not exchange confidential information to anyone other than managers, employees and advisers for the Employer who, in his work, has a material need for the information.
- Examples of confidential information include business or company secrets, information not publicly known about financial, legal, economic and / or commercial matters, including information about investments, strategies, development, technical and chemical solutions, methods and descriptions, analyzes and assessments of risks, product specifications, formulas, information about samples, test results and analyses, production methods, know-how, intellectual property rights, customer lists, customer preferences, suppliers, marketing, distribution, sales, business partners, etc. In particular, the Employee has a duty to keep information about inventions that he or other employees have made strictly confidential, to ensure that such inventions may be patentable.
- The confidential information may relate to the Employer and / or third parties to whom the Employer has confidential information about or on behalf of.
- The Employee is obliged to exercise the utmost caution and care with all Employer’s documents, such as plans, strategies, drawings, calculations, descriptions, samples, contracts and correspondence.
- The Employee is aware that the Employer may be bound by separate agreements entered into with a third party, mainly regarding duty to treat confidential information with third parties and with the utmost caution and care. Employees are obliged to treat such confidential information in accordance with the requirements arising from such separate agreements. Employees are aware that violations of such separate agreements with third parties can lead to major financial direct and indirect losses and that breach of such agreements may be substitute.
- The abovementioned provision does not prevent the Employee from making use of the general knowledge and experience of a technical or commercial nature acquired during the term of employment.
4.1 User Content shall in no way be attributable or be interpreted as the official advice to and from the Operators. The professional use of any Content on the Portal is solely at that user/Operator’s own risk.
4.2 The users and the Operators, its officers, employees and agents, shall, save for gross negligence or willful conduct, hold other users and Operators, its officers, employees and agents free from any liability for any loss (including legal costs and expenses), damages or liability arising as a result of, including but not limited to, unsuccessful advises, discussions or engagements in connection to the use of the Portal.
4.3 The users are reminded that some of the THREE60 Energy portal members may be actual or potential competitors and are subject to competition (antitrust) laws. The users shall commit to compliance with all applicable competition laws and other applicable laws and regulations. Discussions which might be misconstrued as price fixing, customer or market allocation, attempts to alter the competitive open bidding season, or boycott suppliers and customers are not allowed. Discussions of other competitively sensitive subjects are also not allowed, including:
prices, pricing methods or policies, price changes, discounts, rebates, surcharges, quotes, commissions or any other terms on which products/services are supplied, e.g. credit terms or guarantees;
profit margins or individual company costs, including sub-contractors, labor or cost of goods;
details of individual company’s markets, territories, supply and demand forecasts, bids, customers or suppliers or contact terms with them;
sale volumes, production levels;
individual company’s sales volumes, stock levels, etc.; or
individual company’s marketing strategies, proposed market entry, future investment plans
5. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
5.1 The Portal contains content owned by or licensed to THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS (“Portal Content”). Portal Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS owns and retains all rights in the Portal Content. THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sublicensable license to reproduce and display the Portal Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use to view the Portal and otherwise use the services therein. Except as set forth above, any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
6. Termination and Suspension of Access
6.1 You can terminate your user profile to the Portal at any time through your account management page. Such termination will result in the deactivation or disablement of your account and access to it, and the deletion of content you collected through use of the Portal. The Content that you have posted will remain on the Portal, in accordance with Clause 2.2 above.
6.2 THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS may terminate your user profile by providing at least a 90 days’ written notice to you for any of the following reasons:
a) you have materially breached this Agreement and failed to rectify that breach within 30 days after THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS has notified you in writing, or
b) your employer has failed to pay in the membership fee.
7. Governing Law
7.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Norway.
7.2 In case of any dispute concerning the Portal, you agree to the legal venue of Stavanger District Court as the agreed forum.
8.1 This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS regarding the use of the Portal.
The failure of THREE60 Energy/Ridge AS to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
8.2 This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions